Unemployment Compensation

The Unemployment Compensation (UC) division is built around one central idea: a worker who loses his job, through no fault of his own, deserves financial help.

Report UC Tax Fraud

If you have received cash or a 1099, this could have affected your unemployment benefits. If you are own a business and suspect that your competitor is consistently underbidding you due to paying cash to their employees, let us help you put them on a level playing field.

Email us or download and complete the Fraud Tip Form and mail it to the address on the form in an email and send it to TipHotline@labor.alabama.gov or call us at 1-855-234-2856.

If you are a taxpayer and a victim of identity theft, please read this IRS pamphlet Identity Theft Information for Taxpayers (THIS INCLUDES THOSE WHO RECEIVED A 1099-G BUT DID NOT RECEIVE UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS).


arrow FAQs learn more

Benefit Rights and Responsibilities

arrow Benefit Rights and Responsibilities learn more


arrow Documents learn more

Latest News

arrow Latest News learn more

Unemployment Compensation Telephone Numbers for Claimants

you may file your claim online at http://initialclaims.labor.alabama.gov or call 1-866-234-5382 (select option 2) during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Friday.

call 1-800-361-4524 before 5:00 p.m., Sunday through Thursday.

visit https://uiclaimantportal.labor.alabama.gov/SignIn, or call Montgomery 334-954-4094; Birmingham 205-458-2282; Toll Free 1-800-752-7389.