read more

How does my business register as a new employer?

You can open an Alabama Unemployment Tax account by completing an application (Form SR-2*). Employers should submit an application as soon as liability has been established. To print an application form,  click here* or you can request an application form from the Status Unit as shown below.

You may contact the Status Unit at the telephone number and address shown at the end of this section if you have questions.

Status Unit
649 Monroe Street, Room 4201
Montgomery, AL 36131

Phone: (334) 954-4730
FAX: (334) 954-4731